Friday, July 24, 2009

The Letter...

Dear Russell * *******,

Hello. I cannot believe that I am finally sending this letter, I am so nervous and would have hand written this but I think I would have shaken the pen too much.


I am writing this to you as I am looking to locate someone who put up a baby girl, born April 27, 1981, for adoption. I was born in Torrance, CA at the Little Company of Mary Hospital. I do have some information on my birthmother but nothing with a recent address as the records are from my time of birth in 1981. I am looking for my birthmother, Tarin Bridget Osborne. I have been doing some research and I have found that you may be her brother. I have also located a second brother, Patrick in **********. I am also going to send him a copy of this letter as well.

In the records I have she did state that she would like to be contacted by the child if they wish it, well I’m wishing! I am looking for nothing more than to find out who I look like, where I get my quirks and to see if there is any important medical history that I need to know. I want to let you know that I am an established young woman who is the General Manager of a 100 room Hotel in Southern California. I am currently living in a small apartment, no more than 3 miles from my parents in Southern California. I grew up in a very loving and supportive home with wonderful parents and a great extended family, but I have always wondered who I look like and where I get some of my quirks. My parents have always been more than supportive of me searching for her and are with me 100% on trying to find her. I truly believe that Tarin made the best choice possible for me and I would love the opportunity to thank her for blessing me with the gifts she did. I am not looking for money, housing or anything like that, just a conversation and perhaps a relationship with someone I consider one of my hero’s.

If you can please pass my information on to her I would be eternally grateful. I don’t know if anyone agreed with her decision or if this is something that no one wanted to talk about, but it’s something that has been with me every day of my life for the last 28 years so any help you can give me will go a very long way! If she does not wish any contact from me can you please also let me know so I don’t go through life wondering.

Thank you so much,

Erin Coggins



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I haven't mailed the letter yet... I'm nervous... what if they say nothing back to me... What if she wants nothing to do with me. I am so scared... If I didn't have the friends I have here supporting me and helping me through this I don't think I would make it!

I love you all.... Keep tuned for the next installment... after I mail the letter...

Thank you for being so patient! I swear no more long blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment