Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My weekend...

Ok... so where did I leave off... So much has happened this weekend! Soooo much good warm and fuzzy stuff!!

Ok.. Saturday...

After I got up early and wrote my blog, got showered, dressed and ready for the day, I went downstairs and sat outside with Sarah, Dad and Mom... we all talked about how fast this is all moving and when I called Tarin later that afternoon what was I going to say... I honestly don't remember much from my conversation with Jim... So I wanted to make sure I remembered everything from this conversation! Chris called and said he was getting off work early and heading down already... i kinda started to panic... this ment that it was actually going to happen and I was going to make the call!!

So fast forward about an hour... We all arrive at the nursing home to pick up grandma, I'm sitting on her bed and she asks how I'm doing... So I tell her what's been going on and she lights up... She was so happy for me and she was so glad to hear that they were happy about me finding them... it's a good feeling when she's with it and smiling! So when we leave Chris and I go to Ralph's by Aunt Janets and we are getting soda's and beer for Shelly's... I am rounding a corner and don't see the water on the floor and slip... Yes... I fell AGAIN! This time I smacked my right knee, the same one, on the concrete floor! The first thought that goes through my head is "holy F%$# not again!" I was able to get up eventually and we filled out paperwork for it but I was in sooo much pain by the time we got to the car that Chris had to drive... I called my mom and told her what happened... she was concerned as we all know she would be... then I called Marlinda and filled her in on my knee and the blog...

We get to Shelly's and I get showered in Sunscreen, because we all know I do not Tan I burn... Yes I did burn a little! I grab the entire blog, cause I printed it out so my parents can read it... they aren't very up on the internet... :) And i make my way outside and claim a very shaded chair and footstool... I put my leg up and apply ice to my knee which is already swollen... :( So I'm sitting there and one by one as the people get there I fill them in on very little... usually only saying I got 2 very interesting phone calls...

So Shelly's asks to hear the story, then Aunt Janet, Then Denise, then Susan, then grandma... so we decide I will tell everyone... So Aunt Janet sits down next to me and asks about the Blogs, so I pass them on to her, then susan starts reading them, then her husband Bob, then Shelly... Pretty soon we're all sitting in a circle reading these blogs. I have to say tho... It was kinda cool to have everyone reading what I had written and they actually liked it! Bob said it was really good and my dad thinks I should publish it... not to sure about the last one... But still felt good... :)

So finally everyone get's done reading and I give them the shortened version of the calls and the highlights... my mom interjects her comments and feelings... Then I mention the emails that I was sending to Danielle through myspace in which I told her that I would call Saturday after 5... Of course everyone looks at the clock and their watches and I kid you not it was 4:58.... Everyone got all excited and started asking me what I was going to say, where was I going to call, who was going to sit with me and so on! I got sooo freaking nervous... I do not do well under pressure sometimes so I went inside under the gise of having to potty and I started crying... Thankfully Chris was inside also and he held me while I cried... They were good tears... they were tears of nerves and tears of being afraid she'd hate me when she got me on the phone!

So I paced the house for a while and then decided it was time... As Kevin told me... it's like a bandaid just rip it off... get it over with... I think the build up was what was making me panic... So I called mom and dad over and I sat on the last Chair on Shelly's porch by the swing... it was the place furthest from the kiddies and the most peaceful and I dialed...

My hands were shaking so bad... I don't even remember the conversation... again... I do remember she wanted me to thank my parents... I cried... then she asked if I was left handed or right handed... I cried... I also found out that my gray patch is from her... along with my thick hair, eyes and nose... It was an amazing conversation filled with love, discovery and warmth... I know in my heart that she made the right choice and that we are both amazing women because of it all...

Then we made plans to meet... this sunday the 16th! I've spent alot of time thinking about this and everything... I am so excited...

Then when I get abck to Aunt Janet's I check my myspace... or spacebook as dad called it... and I have a message from Danielle... she's my little half sister... :) and we have been emailing eachother every day... many times a day getting to know eachother and finding out that there is so much that we have in common... like our cars were stolen ;), our love of Dirty Dancing, the reading bug, the Erin Bear, theater, our love of disneyland and so much more!

I am so excited for Sunday... I also found out that Jim is going to be there also... I wonder if he's bringing his kids... It would be nice to meet them! I am so happy that I am going to meet everyone! :)

Ok... Off to a Exec Meeting for the Chamber... Got alot to plan with the Golf Tournament Next week and my Rubio's Dine-In... :) For those interested... I went to PT today and was told I had to see my regular Dr to get new x-rays on the knee... they can't legally treat me for the sprain without making sure I didn't damage it further on saturday! :(

1 comment:

  1. Wow Erin, Marlinda told me what was going on, but it is really amazing to read your words. I'm so happy for you!! They are going to love you, how could they not? You are a wonderful person, with so much love to give. They are lucky YOU found them. We're behind you 100%!-Amanda

    ReplyDelete